Thursday, December 31, 2015

Happy New Year & Update

I savor the promise of renewal and expectation of that comes with each new year!  One year ago today, I launched this blog, and I am so blessed and overwhelmed by the way God is using the lessons I post here to help teachers and reach children all over the globe.  I am grateful for the opportunity to serve you all in this way.

In my class, my team of teachers and I follow the same basic scope and sequence each year, with a few adjustments.  Since the preschool class at my church is for children ages three and four, most children are in our class for two years.  The first year the lessons are mostly brand new to them.  The second year they are able to grasp a little more, and gain a greater command of the truths that we are teaching them.

Here on the blog, I've nearly documented a whole year of lessons for preschoolers, and we're ready to start back at the beginning of our lesson cycle!  This year I will fill in the lessons that I missed last year, and will also post more teaching helps and videos, so there will be lots of fresh content for you to access and use in your classrooms.

I've made a few updates to the blog that I'd like to point out to you.
  1. At the top of the page there is a scope & sequence tab.  There you will be always be able to quickly access the lesson schedule for the current theme.
  2. In the sidebar, just to the right, you'll notice a new section called Featured Post. ---->  ----> ---->
    Here I will feature the post that corresponds to the lesson for the week, according to the scope and sequence, so that you will be able to easily find it.  Many of these will be repeat posts from 2015 with some updates.
  3. There is also a new lesson index tab at the top of the page.  Under this tab is an index of all the lessons that can be found on the blog, organized by theme.  This is the easiest way to find a particular lesson that you may be looking for other than the featured post.
Please let me know if you come across any technical difficulties or glitches so that I can do my part to fix them.  I look forward with expectancy to 2016, and pray that you all will be blessed and strengthened as you teach and minister to your little ones.  Have a joyous New Year!

                                                          ~Miss Susanna




4 comments: