Friday, October 2, 2015

Theme 5 Scope & Sequence

Can preschoolers understand the gospel?  If it is taught the correct way, I believe that they can!  That is the beauty of God's Word.  It is simple enough for a child to grasp, and yet their are endless treasures to seek out and discover for a lifetime.

Sunday school and children's ministry teachers have long used colors as a means for teaching and communicating the gospel to children.  Over the next five weeks, we will use five colors to illustrate five basic truths about salvation.  We will keep the theology very simple and basic, but by the end of these five weeks, the children in our classes will have a fundamental understanding of the gospel that they can articulate for themselves.  In my view, this unit contains some of the most important lessons that we teach. I'm excited to examine these biblical truths with you through the simplistic eyes, and inquisitive minds of our preschoolers, and see the Word of God come alive in their hearts.  I hope you'll join me, and I would love to hear about your experiences in teaching these lesson along the way!




No comments:

Post a Comment